Texas hold’em poker is among the most famous and popular card games in the world and is enjoyed by people from all walks of life. The game features a 52-card deck and all of the players use five cards to comprise the best possible hand. With each round of cards the players have the option to change their cards if they wish and also take turns to raise, call or fold.
In Texas Hold’em the dealer also players, although he has certain additional duties. In friendly games the dealer usually changes with each hand to keep the play fresh, although is some cases it can be decided that the winner is always the dealer.
Two cards are initially deal face down to each player, with five cards placed face up at the end of the deal. After this, a round of betting occurs, which players betting on how good they think their hand is. After this, they have the option to change the cards in their hand before the next round of betting takes place.
The object is the get the highest hand possible. Hands are ranked in the following order:
- Straight Flush: five consecutive cards of the same suit
- Four of a Kind: four cards of the same face value of any suit
- Full House: A pair combined with three of a kind
- Flush: five cards of the same suit
- Straight: five consecutive card values of any suit
- Three of a Kind: three cards of the same value of any suit
- Two Pair: two pairs of any cards from any suit
- Pair: a pair of cards from any suit.